don't just crack CLAT, come hack CLAT with us.
Read the passage and follow the instructions- (NLSIU 2007)
Take a tour round the wards of a public hospital in Sub-Saharan Africa and you will soon see
that basic health care can be very basic indeed. Aside from rickety metal beds, heaving with
life and death; there is scarcely any equipment to be seen. It is a far cry from the high-tech
hospitals in the rich world, where patients are often connected to…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 28, 2015 at 12:00am — No Comments
AR - NALSAR 2001
Eight varsity baseball players (G, H, J, K, L, M, N, 0) are to be honored at a special
ceremony. Three of these players (H, M and 0) are also varsity football players. Two of
them (K and N) are also basketball players on the varsity team. In arranging the seats it
was decided that no athlete in two sports should be seated next to another two-sport
1. Which of the following…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 27, 2015 at 12:00am — No Comments
Logic – NALSAR 2001-
Strict gun control laws cause a decrease in violent crime, in the six months since the city
council passed a gun control law, armed robberies in City X have dropped by 18 percent.
1. All of the following, if true, are valid objections to the argument above EXCEPT.
(a) A decrease in crime in one city does not mean that such a decrease would occur
anywhere a gun control law was enacted.
(b) Other factors may have…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 26, 2015 at 12:00am — No Comments
English NALSAR 2001 –
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to
the word in capital letters
1. CENSURE : (a) augment (b) enthrall (c) commend (d) reform
2. SPUR : (a) embitter (b) discourage (c) impress (d) mislead
3, DISJOINTED : (a) responsible (b) connected (c) implied (d) useful
4. COMPOSE : (a) disturb (b) reveal (c) strengthen (d) isolate
5. SKEPTICAL : (a) theoretical(b) ready…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 25, 2015 at 12:00am — No Comments
NALSAR 2001 Math-
1. If Rs.9,000/- of a 4% stock is sold at 112.50 and with proceeds at 5'/2 % stock is
bought at 168.75, what is the result change of dividend.
A) Rs.28 loss B) Rs.31 loss C) Rs.30 loss D) Rs.30.50 loss
2. What sum must be invested in 2 3/4 % consols at 96 1/4 in order to obtain our income
of Rs. 100 per year?
A) Rs.3,450/- B) Rs. 3,400/- C) Rs.3,550/- D) Rs.3,500/
3. In what proportion must a…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 24, 2015 at 12:00am — No Comments
Legal Reasoning NLSIU 1997
1. Principle : The owner of immovable property is entitled to the column of airspace above
the surface. However, the onwer's right to air and space above his.land is restricted to such
height as is necessary for the ordinary use and enjoyment of his land and the structures on it.
Facts : Galaxy Cable TV Network Company is providing cable connections to their
customers. One of the…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 23, 2015 at 12:00am — No Comments
1. The Constitutional provision regarding reservations in favour of backward classes for
appoiptments or, posts in the government services is to be found in
(a) the Preamble to the Constitution(b) Article 16(4)(c) Article 21(d) Article 368
2. The five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council are :
(a) U.S.A, U.K., France, Germany and Russia(b) U.S.A, U.K., France, China and Russia
(c) U.S.A., U.K.,…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 22, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments
Each question below contains a Statement and two Courses of Action I and II. Assuming the statement to be true, decide which of the two suggested Course of Action logically follows and mark the answer, using the Code given below. (CLAT 2009)
(a) If only I follow.
(b) If only II follow.
(c) If either I or II follow.
(d) If neither I nor II follow.
Statement: one of the…Continue
I am a first year student at National Law University, Delhi. I was born in Secunderabad but have lived for most of my life in New Delhi. I finished my schooling from Sanskriti School, New Delhi in 2013. I am a voracious reader and have now graduated from classics to books dealing with history and politics. I also love writing and regularly pursue that activity, despite the paucity of time that I face nowadays. I spent the past month…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 21, 2015 at 7:53pm — No Comments
You may wonder what a CLAT hacker can learn from Nani Palkhivala. Admittedly, there will be next to nothing from a study point of view. But I believe CLAT is won and lost in the head, and being motivated is critical to winning this battle.
Over the course of my life, I had just known about Nani Palkhivala through his reputation, that of being a famous lawyer. I was not inclined to, and neither did I have a chance to learn more about the man. However, after deciding to pursue Law and…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 21, 2015 at 12:30pm — No Comments
Choose the best possible answer –
1. VIS-A-VIS means,
(a) across (c) against
(b) compared with (d) through
2. QUID PRO QUO means,
(a) evidence (c) revenge
(b) favourable opinion. (d) something in return
3. HARANGUE means.
(a) tirade (c) parody
(b) tangent (d) confusion
4. BEQUEATH means,
(a) to hand down (c) silence
(b) plead (d) bless
5. HYPERBOLE means,
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 20, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments
NLSIU 1997 – AR-
1. The teacher announced results of the examination in the class. Anand has secured 5th
rank, Richa is 8th from the last. The position of Nandan is 6th after Anand and in the middle
of Anand and Richa. What is the total number of students in the class ?
(a) 26 (b) 25(c) 24 (d) 29
2. Chitra, Sheela and Deepa are married to Arun, Mahesh and Shyam respectively. Arun
is a lawyer. One of the husbands is an engineer, and…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 19, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments
English from NLSIU 1996-
1. He could not……… the judge that he was telling the truth.
(a) trust (b) confide(c) convince (d) admit
2. I wish you'd tell me what I……… do in this difficult situation.
(a) should (b) ought (c) must (d) shall
3. He was completely…….. by the thief's disguise.
(a)'taken down (c) taken through(b) taken away (d) taken in
4. All our TV channels provide extensive………… of sporting…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 18, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments
Math from NLSIU, 1995-
purchased is worth
(a) 2800 (c) 3000(b) 3200 (d) None
2. A can do a piece of work in 12 days and B can do the same in 20 days.. Both will do
it together in
(a) 8 days (c) 71/2 days(b) 7 days (d) 81/2 days
3. . Two trains for Madras leave Bangalore at 8.30 a.m. and 9 a.m. and travel at 60…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 17, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments
Legal Reasoning from CLAT 2008- Long but worth solving (Must source this paper and solve this entire section, too long to post here)
1) On the death of husband, the widow shall inherit the property of her
deceased husband along with children equally.
2) A widow can not claim the property of the deceased if on the date when
the question of succession opens, she has remarried.
3) A female acquiring property in…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 16, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments
Static GK – (NALSAR 2005)
1. Which of the following enters human body through skin?
(A) Tapeworm (B) Hookworm(C) Ringworm (D) Threadworm
2. Rh factor concerns the
(A) Blood group (B) colour of the skin
(C) colour of the eye (D) functioning of the liver
3. Which Delhi Sultan built the City of Agra?
(A) Ibrahim Lodi (B) Sikandar Lodi
(C) Kutbuddin Aibak (D) Allauddin Khilji
4. The author of'Gita…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 15, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments
I grew up in Bangalore and Gurgaon. I finished my schooling at DPS, Gurgaon. I’m about to begin my third trimester at NLS this March. I’m the kind of person you would instantly label a nerd. I was never a very outgoing person, and even today I would turn to a…Continue
Each question below contains a Statement and two Arguments I and II. Assume the statement to be true, mark the Argument which is strong using the
Code below. (CLAT 2009)
(a) If only argument I is strong.
(b) If only argument II is strong.
(c) If either argument I or II is strong.
(d) If neither argument I nor II strong.
Choose the best possible answer –
1. ANOMIE means lack of
(a) energy (c)flavour
(b) excitement (d) social standards
2. MALADROIT means,
(a) impossible (c) sluggish
(b) awkward (d) hardy
3. SEDITIOUS means,
(a) impure (c) rebellious
(b) inactive (d) arrogant
4. ASPHYXIATE means,
(a) to break in (c) smother
(b) fall behind (d) behave in an unfriendly way
5. JUGGERNAUT means,
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 13, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments
Read the first seven statements and solve the AR questions (NALSAR 2003)
(1) At a baseball game, five men; L,M, N, O and P, and five women, S, T, U,V and W,
occupy a row of ten seats. The men are in odd-numbered seats, starting from the left; each
woman sits to the right of the man she is dating.
(2) 0 is V's date
(3) W is not at the right end of the row and the man she is dating is not…Continue
Added by Aditya Mehra on February 12, 2015 at 11:30pm — No Comments