CLAThacker

don't just crack CLAT, come hack CLAT with us.

which institution to go for ? LST, PRIME, IMS, SRIRAM........the list is endless and a dilemma hovers.......so pls suggest

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Prashant:

Thanks so much! :D I hope you have a great time in law school.
ya i will mk sure of tht but dnt freak yourself out take rest and sm enjoyment is too imp rem hope you too find yur way around in law school !!!

Sakhi Shah said:
@ Prashant:

=D I will.

prashant singh said:
ya i will mk sure of tht but dnt freak yourself out take rest and sm enjoyment is too imp rem hope you too find yur way around in law school !!!

Sakhi Shah said:
@ Prashant:

Why LST scores over others : The mocks in LST are written by many people around the country and so, you get a rough but pretty accurate estimate (more than other coaching centres atleast) on your relative standing. And, the material + supplements are really good. So, i'd suggest take the one year classroom programm at LST and get the correspondence material from another place like Sriram. And you don't need two years to crack CLAT. I know many people who've taken the crash course and gotten through NLSIU.

Sakhi Shah said:
No, I'm going to appear for CLAT 2012. And LST has a classroom course in my city that I'm thinking of doing, however, since I live in a very small town and they're expecting less than 10-12 people in the batch, I want to do a crash course in bangalore. But not LST again, it makes sense to try something else and be exposed to a wide range of information,...that's why I asked.

LST is supposed to be the best. Please don't reconsider on my account, this is the reason why I said no LST. But I would still like some advice on which crash course I could do instead of LST...

Apoorva Rana said:
so u will also appear 4 CLAT nxt yr, right? btw, what is it with LST?..isn't it d most popular one?...nd perhaps better than d rest....until now, i was thinking of LST for d crash course...guess i will hv 2 reconsider...so r u taking a classroom or a correspondence course as well?

Sakhi Shah said:
Hmmm...which institution is best for the crash course? I want to do it in April in Bangalore in anything except LST.

Apoorva Rana said:
thnx....but i was planning on d correspondence course.....so wanted suggestion in that context....classroom coaching is not quite possible as the nearest coaching center is 1 hour drive from my place...however i'll definitely take the crash course nxt yr in April...

Sakhi Shah said:
I think it also depends on which city you're in...do you have all these institutions in your city?
Also, from what I saw, LST seems to have the best track record but IMS is famous for its sim-clat series.
@Durga: Thanks.
since u undertook the correspondence course (even i am planning on it) , i'd like to know how u did ur GK part.....i mean the current affairs....static GK is no prob (with books like pearson and tata mcgraw hill)....i guess the current affairs wont be covered since the study material is provided pretty early (correct me if i m wrong)....

btw, how helpful was Universal's guide?i hv already kinda done it once, do i need 2 go thru it again?

prashant singh said:
ahh i m just over wid clat2010 having taken sriram correspondence course tuned my prep a lot especially the mock were superb some questions of mocks were repeated in exams
besides those intersted in selfstudy can find thei way with little guidance and tht what clat2010 proved this year give time to general studies manual of tata mcgraw hills along with ramanuj's sir favourite pearson gk manual "THE FAT ONE" and not to forget this site is of great help to clat aspirants no offence but since you have 2 yrs left sakhi i must admit you are either bluffing us since i hv seen you answering questions of mine too and others so try to confess well if you are rit thn i guess we hv one of the clat2012 topper here wid us.CIAo sorry i gt carried away too much distractions here bye

Sakhi Shah said:
Can I ask you respectfully to elaborate, on why?

prashant singh said:
I PREFER SRIRAM
Universal has waay too many errors. Better go for the lexis nexis book. Very comprehensive and least no. of errors.I'd say, finish static gk as early as possible, so that the longer you revise, the better you retain.And don't bother doing Current Affairs of any other year but the one in which you're giving CLAT. It just gets you confused at the end.

Apoorva Rana said:
since u undertook the correspondence course (even i am planning on it) , i'd like to know how u did ur GK part.....i mean the current affairs....static GK is no prob (with books like pearson and tata mcgraw hill)....i guess the current affairs wont be covered since the study material is provided pretty early (correct me if i m wrong)....

btw, how helpful was Universal's guide?i hv already kinda done it once, do i need 2 go thru it again?

prashant singh said:
ahh i m just over wid clat2010 having taken sriram correspondence course tuned my prep a lot especially the mock were superb some questions of mocks were repeated in exams
besides those intersted in selfstudy can find thei way with little guidance and tht what clat2010 proved this year give time to general studies manual of tata mcgraw hills along with ramanuj's sir favourite pearson gk manual "THE FAT ONE" and not to forget this site is of great help to clat aspirants no offence but since you have 2 yrs left sakhi i must admit you are either bluffing us since i hv seen you answering questions of mine too and others so try to confess well if you are rit thn i guess we hv one of the clat2012 topper here wid us.CIAo sorry i gt carried away too much distractions here bye

Sakhi Shah said:

prashant singh said:
I PREFER SRIRAM
thnx.....i'l definitely consider ur advice....btw, out of pearson gk manual, tata mcgraw hill nd barry o' brien gk book, which one is better?

Durga Priya said:
Universal has waay too many errors. Better go for the lexis nexis book. Very comprehensive and least no. of errors.I'd say, finish static gk as early as possible, so that the longer you revise, the better you retain.And don't bother doing Current Affairs of any other year but the one in which you're giving CLAT. It just gets you confused at the end.

Apoorva Rana said:

prashant singh said:

Sakhi Shah said:

prashant singh said:
I PREFER SRIRAM
pearson... any day!

Apoorva Rana said:
thnx.....i'l definitely consider ur advice....btw, out of pearson gk manual, tata mcgraw hill nd barry o' brien gk book, which one is better?

Durga Priya said:

Apoorva Rana said:

prashant singh said:

Sakhi Shah said:

prashant singh said:
I PREFER SRIRAM
gr8...thnx....:)

Durga Priya said:
pearson... any day!

Apoorva Rana said:

Durga Priya said:

Apoorva Rana said:

prashant singh said:

Sakhi Shah said:

prashant singh said:
I PREFER SRIRAM
lets get it clear wid apoorva mcgraw hills and pearson belongs to different league .definitely pearson is best for short term performance though i prefer mcgraw hills since it has laid constitution very well unlike pearson which has sm errors in it i suppose when yu are preparing for an exam like clat which means a lot to yu , i suppose yu cn buy both of thm but ofcourse choice is yours
speaking abt clat 2010 gk section was filled wid extreme surprise though i think i cope with them well more i will let you know on 29 besides i seriously think tht you should concentrate on logical reasoning as well as general science since next year nujs will be setting the exam and as i had solved their last year question papers i found them extra passionate towards science well tk cae of tht and dnt forget to solidify yur english base c ya
on universal v/s lexis i had done univ and i believe tht errors can be sorted out besides lexis is too not clean of errors CHECK A NEW PEARSON BOOK ON LEGAL APTITUDE AND LR costing around 250 which is more reputed and i dnt think tht the thing which appeared in clat2009 will nvr be repeated again in other upcming clat exams so tk care of tht
Apoorva Rana said:
Durga Priya said:

Apoorva Rana said:

prashant singh said:

Sakhi Shah said:

prashant singh said:
I PREFER SRIRAM
but actually, i can give you a detailed feedback only after 29th!

Durga Priya said:
pearson... any day!

Apoorva Rana said:

Durga Priya said:

Apoorva Rana said:

prashant singh said:

Sakhi Shah said:

prashant singh said:
I PREFER SRIRAM

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Have Your Doubts Cleared!

It is never good to have doubts in your mind! Just ask a questions and the super intelligent CLAThackers, many of whom are writing CLAT this time and others who have cleared it already will answer your questions!

If you have doubts on logical reasoning or critical reasoning, ask here.

Legal reasoning doubts are answered on this thread!

Want to ask a GK question? try this thread!

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Do you like CLAThacker?

© 2019   Created by Ramanuj Mukherjee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service