CLAThacker

don't just crack CLAT, come hack CLAT with us.

i am in 11th and was wondering whether it will be best to join LST classroom programmme or LST and sreeram online programme . any suggestions???

Views: 949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hay sid u frm orissa...??/nice ..m also frm rkl IMS
hi, there are obvious benefits of starting early - it is fine if you work 2 hours a day on law as long as you are doing the right things. you should first find out whether your level of english, gk and reasoning is up to the mark given the clat standard. for this u need to go through past years papers. check the blogs here for some past years questions etc.

once you find out your standard, next task is to bridge any gap that maybe there. how much you need to work will depend on your existing standard of english, reasoning and gk. if you are good with these things, then practicing everyday for an hour or two can be good enough.

siddharth dalabehera said:
i am studying in 11th n i ve already ordered the sriram online course.since i am a science student i wd nt get enough time to prepare for law.do you think i wd be able to manage time coz i dont aim @ engineering at all but i do want to score good marks in the board.i am now giving 1hr a day for law n 2hrs in holidays.is that enough?generaly how many days a week does a class hapens in an 1yr course?is it required to take the classroom course?@ramanujan
classroom course is always a good idea if u have the time and money. however it is not absolutely necessary.

classes are held twice a week usually.

Ramanuj Mukherjee said:
hi, there are obvious benefits of starting early - it is fine if you work 2 hours a day on law as long as you are doing the right things. you should first find out whether your level of english, gk and reasoning is up to the mark given the clat standard. for this u need to go through past years papers. check the blogs here for some past years questions etc.

once you find out your standard, next task is to bridge any gap that maybe there. how much you need to work will depend on your existing standard of english, reasoning and gk. if you are good with these things, then practicing everyday for an hour or two can be good enough.

i am studying in 11th n i ve already ordered the sriram online course.since i am a science student i wd nt get enough time to prepare for law.do you think i wd be able to manage time coz i dont aim @ engineering at all but i do want to score good marks in the board.i am now giving 1hr a day for law n 2hrs in holidays.is that enough?generaly how many days a week does a class hapens in an 1yr course?is it required to take the classroom course?@ramanujan
@siddharth- same case here, science student, enrolled in sriram course, not aiming for engineering at all but want to do good in boards. but i hope the sriram experience goes well. how did u find the material. i haven't got it as yet...

Ramanuj Mukherjee said:
classroom course is always a good idea if u have the time and money. however it is not absolutely necessary.

classes are held twice a week usually.

Ramanuj Mukherjee said:

@kazmi,i found the legal material quiete good n u can totally rely on them.reasoning is okay but english isnt that good n lucid anyways there re other sources for english so there is no need to worry.i found the gk material quite comprehensive.the best thing is the weekly tests sent every friday thro which u can access ur prep.they remind u frm the begining that what portions gonna come.maths is quite easy so the material will indeed suffice.best of luck for ur preparation
@tanmayee.u re in 11th or 12th.good to know ur frm odisha.i am planing to join ims bbsr next yr.how do u feel abt ims rkl now
@ramanujan.thanks sir ur reply was of gr8 help for me.
hay sid...this year i passed my 12th and m a dropper...it will be better if u take the IMS materials this year and classroom program next year(XII)....cogitate before taking any thing......joining classroom coaching earlier will help u.... no doubt
why u people die over sriram since it focuses only on law . is this your sole criteria in deciding the quality of a coaching ?
just consider ims and lst[career launchers] which are on a mush larger scale involving far more superior scholars than sriram which depends on prof Hema Raman based on chennai while it's legal reasoning module 2 is partially taken from monotonous universal llb and i didnt found its tort,contracts and ipc content impressive against ims and lst which are far more lucid , involving and give ways and required mindset to tackle these type of questions and their course like ims [and lst] too is divided into three parts viz basic reference material , application of concepts and purposeful test practice which in my belief provide you an upper edge in correspondence material besides being cheap too [5898] in compare to LST[9999] and sriram {8500] dnt know abt classroom course .

Besides my clat2010 experience says that you will have to self study with determination , perseverance and stay alert for each and every current happenings making notes out of them , keeping yourself organised knowing your limits and sincere
self evaluation will certainly prove handful .

by the way my name spells as PRASHANT with H after s ty
@ prashant
okay,so if one has LST,should he go for sriram or not????
did u take only sriram or LST too????
its good to hear that the ones who cleared clat opted for sriram...but the above students where LSTians too right?

Apoorva sharma said:
Even IMS is best, but not LST.
Sriram's mocks are considered quite good.
Mylst of LST is considered quite good
IMS's mocks and material is considered good.

Its up to you where you want to go. LST's good center's are amazing. They being the biggest(in monetary terms) can often hire the best of the people. Though, this is not an absolute argument.

LST's legal resoning module, as according to me, is the best. The guys at NUJS thought so too. See this http://www.lawctopus.com/2010/10/6-books-and-resources-that-you-mus...

Math modules of all are pretty much the same.
Reasoning module of Sriram covers too much i think. Its all theory which I think is a bit redundant.

LST's GK module was, as i felt, the best. It's meticulously compiled and doesn't cover unnecessary stuff. IMS' is fine too.
I was not very pleased with Sriram's.

My conclusion (You can have your's. Keep it to yourself. No point slinging mud at each other)
1. Sriram as i thought, believes a bit to much in rote learning. They stuff loads of stuff at your face, and expect you to learn each line for their Friday tests.

2. IMS's postal material is good. They have some modules of BBA in it too, but we can leave them aside. They send their material in 3 batches. The first one is concept building. The second is Practice modules and third is mocks.

3. LST's material is all round complete. No module can be said to be bad(No module of IMS can be said to be bad too). I like their mylst a lot. Its a lot more active than myims.

Legal Reasoning modules of IMS are very detailed and concise. They however don't have as many cases as LST's module, but still is of top-notch quality. Sriram's is not that good in my opinion.

These were my opinions of all three. Please don't sling any more mud trying to defend your favourite one. I gave my OWN unbiased personal opinion. If you have any more questions, please put forward. Don't argue. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Have Your Doubts Cleared!

It is never good to have doubts in your mind! Just ask a questions and the super intelligent CLAThackers, many of whom are writing CLAT this time and others who have cleared it already will answer your questions!

If you have doubts on logical reasoning or critical reasoning, ask here.

Legal reasoning doubts are answered on this thread!

Want to ask a GK question? try this thread!

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Do you like CLAThacker?

© 2019   Created by Ramanuj Mukherjee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service