CLAThacker

don't just crack CLAT, come hack CLAT with us.

gyus and gals plzzz post ur doubt here

Started by :-TANMAYEE SAHOO

Views: 4928

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi apoorva,

sometimes disagreements take place, but that is no reason to leave the forum! when you become a lawyer, you shall be disagreeing with other people many times every day for a livelihood, and argue with them too. If they don't agree to you, will you leave the court/profession?

logic is the best way to prove others wrong. However, sometimes we are wrong - we all make mistakes. When someone gets a thing right that you get wrong - take it as n opportunity for learning. Then you shall learn very fast and eventually you shall have a lot of people lining up to learn from you :) but even then, keep in mind that you may be mistaken. even wise people make mistakes.

I went through the question, and the answer is C. this is simply because c contradicts the reasoning completely.

what was the reasoning that led to the conclusion that CR should not be taught?
The students dont use it in HW. Therefore it is not useful to them, therfore it shd not be taught.

the part in bold is not written, but you need to understand it anyway.

now c says that CR is still useful for the students.

Why can e not be correct?

Apoorva sharma said:
I'm leaving the site, this will be my last comment. BYE

avinash said:
apoorva...first of all; i din't intend 2 make anybody's mockery! i cant help if somebody misinterpretes my words!!! and ya.. if making a mockery leads 2 anybody's decline , den thinking bad for others also leads 2 decline of dat person :) .. don't forget dat!! :)

lets end d duel.. moreover we both had already apologised 2 each other..... anyway!! we r here 2 gain something rather dan wasting tym in useless dialogues!! at least one person will have 2 pull down..and lemme do dat... and now lets forget d fyt...
E is not correct because it misses the reasoning of the question altogether.

the problem says that only 15% of students use it. not that only 15 % of CR learnt is ever used. maybe the students using it are using only 1%. maybe that 1% work is very critical in what they rite, and really makes their writing much better than others. all that is unstated. that is not the line of argument taken in the problem statement.

i can see why it appeals, but obectively speaking, its wrong. at least c is a much better option.
By Venn Diagrams answer is C and by rules answer is D.

Aproova have patience. Patience Pays. one day you said to a member that "Law is not your cup of Tea.you should have patience." Where is your patience today? Be smart and have patience. you are good one student.

avinash said:
Statements- All boxes are pans.
Some boxes are jugs.
some jugs are glasses.

Conclusions- 1. some glasses are boxes.

2.no glass is box
3. some jugs are pans
4. no jug is pan.

a. only 1 and 2 follow
b.either 1 or 2, and 3 follow
c. only 3 follows
d.either 1 or 2, and either 3 or 4 follow
e. none of dese
My reply is with respect to the FIRST question.

After having read the explanations of Avinash, Mayank and Ramanuj Sir, I am totally convinced and have identified my mistake (it should be C). I think I was the one who mislead everyone (specially Apoorva :P) with my incorrect conclusion, so due apologies for the same.

Thanks Mayank for posting this problem as it taught me a very important lesson. We often stick to a 'point' and use all our energy to justify it rather questioning the validity of the very 'point' :)

@Apoorva: You need to read Ramanuj Sir's last post once and you'll get your answer. This forum was pretty much dormant until you rejuvenated it with your posts and insights. Plz don't go. :)
@mayank..ok.. i was using venn diag only.. hey!! but if such sort of question comes, den wot 2 do?? certainly we cant tick 2 options!! :)
Hmmm.... i go with venn diagram only but here is answer came by Rules....try to get same answer by both rules & Venn diagrams...br/>

avinash said:
@mayank..ok.. i was using venn diag only.. hey!! but if such sort of question comes, den wot 2 do?? certainly we cant tick 2 options!! :)
@apoorva.. in fact answer z given d same as u said.. but i dint get it..plz elaborate..i think i need 2 go thru dis chapter again...
Try answering these sample questions on critical reasoning.

In the questions below, a statement is given followed by two assumptions. Read the statement
and the assumptions and decide which assumption is implicit in the statement.

Answer Pattern -

(a) If only assumption I is implicit,
(b) If only assumption II is implicit,
(c) If either I or II is implicit,
(d)If neither I nor II is implicit and
(e) If both I and II are implicit.

1. Teenagers these days are influenced more by celebrities.
Assumption I: Teenagers consider Shah Rukh Khan their role model.
Assumption II: Shah Rukh Khan is a celebrity.

** 2. Lack of sadness in the first four or five years of life can have adverse
consequences.
Assumption I: A large part of the development of observed solitude occurs in the
earliest years of life.
Assumption II: 50% of measurable intelligence at the age of 17 is already predictable
by the age of four.

*** 3. Owing to the massive waterlogging on the road, it is difficult to reach the bus station on
time.
Assumption I: It is always possible to reach the station on time if not for waterlogging.
Assumption II: This is the only available route for the station.

**** 4. When A ask which shop you bought it from, it is an indication that it is splendid.
Assumption I: A do not enquire about the shop if he don’ t like the product.
Assumption II: A want to find out good products for himself.
1. d- none z implicit.. shahrukh khan z completely irrelevant!!

2. a

3.d- none z implicit. assumption 1 z irrelevant bcoz there may be other factors for delay too ..waterlogging may be just one of dem!! it z nothing like only rainy can cause delay!! assumption 2 z irrelevant coz der may be other routes too but de may b very long making it difficult 2 reach on tym

4. e

Ramanuj Mukherjee said:

In the questions below, a statement is given followed by two assumptions. Read the statement

Answer Pattern -

consequences.
Assumption I: A large part of the development of observed solitude occurs in the
earliest years of life.
Assumption II: 50% of measurable intelligence at the age of 17 is already predictable
by the age of four.

*** 3. Owing to the massive waterlogging on the road, it is difficult to reach the bus station on
time.
Assumption I: It is always possible to reach the station on time if not for waterlogging.

**** 4. When A ask which shop you bought it from, it is an indication that it is splendid.
1.D 2.A 3.D 4.B

Ramanuj Mukherjee said:

Answer Pattern -

consequences.
earliest years of life.
by the age of four.

time.

@ mayank.. ans. of 4 z E .. both r implicit..

it z given dat "when A asks which shop u bought it from, it is an indication that it is splendid." so,WHENEVER HE ASKS, it means dat it z splendid, means he liked it.. so, he wont ask when he doesnt like it.

and 2 is implicit coz if he likes, he asks.. means he z interested 2 know from where can splendid thing b got!!

Mayank said:
1.D 2.A 3.D 4.B

Ramanuj Mukherjee said:

Answer Pattern -

consequences.
earliest years of life.
by the age of four.

time.

Avinash....choose to assumption not to conclusion ....i hope you get me...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Have Your Doubts Cleared!

It is never good to have doubts in your mind! Just ask a questions and the super intelligent CLAThackers, many of whom are writing CLAT this time and others who have cleared it already will answer your questions!

If you have doubts on logical reasoning or critical reasoning, ask here.

Legal reasoning doubts are answered on this thread!

Want to ask a GK question? try this thread!

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Do you like CLAThacker?

© 2019   Created by Ramanuj Mukherjee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service